Monday, December 3, 2012

Stikman Streetart in San Francisco

Stikman San Francisco

Stikman in North Beach, San Francisco on the window of an abandoned historical jazz club called Jazz at Pearls. This is the first time I've seen him in a window and not in a crosswalk. This photo was taken in 2010 during winter. Columbus at Broadway in San Francisco.

SimoneSmith writes: "Should you see a stickman or stikmen in San Francisco, or in any place for that matter, take a moment to appreciate your discovery of one of the world's many fascinating little mysteries. You can enjoy your discovery even more by snapping a photo of the figure and adding to the growing stickman >>STIKMAN<< flickr pool."

Stikman San Francisco

Stikman on Broadway at Battery in San Francisco 2011 in the Summer. He's just a mystery and The Washington Post calls it well, "Created by an unknown guerrilla street artist from corrugated plastic, vinyl records, burlap sacks or scraps of wood, metal or cloth, the robot figure, dubbed stikman, can be seen all over town.But stikman is seen most often in crosswalks, as a sticker pasted to the pavement." On the Trail of the Mysterious Stikman

Stikman on North Point in San Francisco Nov. 12, 2012

North Point near Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco - Nov. 2012

I don't know the creator of Stikman and it's not that important to find out, but I'd like whomever it is to know that I love discovering the little guy around our beautiful city. He's definitely made me smile on many occasions as well as almost get hit by a car while trying to snap a photo.

If you see this little guy, please take a photo and add it to the Flickr Group.

“MY WORKSPACE” - BY STIKMAN on Wooster Collective “I actually work in several different spaces but I’ll just stick to two here. The first picture is of the bench where I assemble the classic small stikman. The second photo is of my outside painting area where I do all of my painting. I really love working outside with a sky above me. That light gives me a real sense of how pieces will look installed. Of note is the hollow core doors I paint on. You can find them for free in dumpsters and they are very lightweight for easy carrying. They also constantly evolve as paintings in their own right. I sometime jigsaw stikmen out of the painted doors and attach them to buildings” peace and love stikman

Stikman Street Art San Francisco 2011

Stikman on the Embarcadero - a main street along the waterfront in San Francisco near Pier 39. This was taken in the Fall of 2011

UPDATED FROM 2010 - Always on the lookout!

Feb. 12, 2013 - Stikman in San Francisco

stikman on Francisco and Mason street san francisco #streetart #graffiti #cute

Stikman in the Crosswalk at Francisco Street and Mason Street in San Francisco. I was riding my bike when I saw this little guy! He's BACK!!! Who is the artist? Anyone know?

Stikman Street Art on Francisco and Mason in San Francisco

Close up of the Stikman on Francisco Feb. 12, 2013

Nikon D3100 18-55mm VR Lens 14.0 MP Digital SLR D3100KITOM (Google Affiliate Ad)