Thursday, May 30, 2013

Diavola Pizzeria for Lunch

Untitled

Diavola!

Healdsburg California

After seeing a friend wearing the 'Diavola' t-shirt the night before at a restaurant in downtown Healdsburg and talking about how amazing this place is, I decided to try it the very next day. My buddy and I drove 10 minutes up the highway to Geyserville where the restaurant is located.

Untitled

The front of the restaurant is 'rustic Italian' and feels like you just stepped into Northern Italy.

Untitled

Continue walking to the back outdoor patio to dine al fresco. Very causal and relaxing.

Untitled

We started with a local wine from the Dry Creek Valley area. Unti Vineyard's Montepulciano, a dark and fruity wine with moderate tannin and bright acidity. We got a bottle!

Untitled

Perfect warm day with red wine and house made breadsticks

Untitled

Grilled Asparagus Salad with fried egg, crispy pork belly (house made), arugula, truffled pecorino and lemon vinaigrette

Untitled

Salami and Cheese - house-cured, local salumi. Amazing! Very flavorful dried meat.

Untitled

House made charcuterie by Dino Bugica - owner and head chef

Untitled

Last we ordered the Boscaiolo Pizza. I wanted to fight my buddey for the last slice! This pizza knocked my socks off with it's thin crust and fresh, local flavors. The Bosciolo comes with Sausage, mushrooms, house smoked pork belly, peppers, spinach and creamed onions. We asked our server if we could have olive oil in the place of the creamed onions and it was perfect! I didn't want the cream to overpower the flavor of the meat and mushrooms. Ask for olive oil...trust me! (They have a gluten free options)

Untitled

Last on the list was dolce! Affogato!

Untitled

While we were eating lunch, Dino came over to say hello to my buddy Darin. They know each other from living in the area and making their own wine. It was a real treat to meet the owner of this amazing restaurant.

Untitled

Dino and my buddy think I'm a shutterbug, but I do enjoy photography.

Diavola Restaurant:
21021 GEYSERVILLE AVE.
GEYSERVILLE, CA 95441
TEL: 707-814-0111
FAX: 707-814-0114



No comments: