Thursday, May 30, 2013

Unti Vineyards in Dry Creek Valley

Unti winery

"Unti Vineyards is a small, family-owned and operated winery specializing in red varietal wines with vineyard personality." Unti Vineyards

Domino effect that started on Friday night and ended on Sunday here at Unti. Friday at happy hour at Bravas I was told about a restaurant called Diavola. I went to lunch on Saturday at Diavola and had Unti's Montepulciano. Sunday I ended up at Unti Vineyards and met the owners who were kind enough to let me wine tasted without reservations. Typically you need reservation for the tasting room, but I had luck on my side and a friendly smile!

Unti winery

Production: Approximately 6,500 to 7,000 cases per year
Appellation: Dry Creek Valley
Founded: Vineyard = 1990; Winery = 1997

Unti winery

"...French oak barrels and foudres to highlight the aromatics and flavors derived from the vineyards."

I left with 6 bottles of wine. 3 2010 Montepulciano, 2 2009 Zinfandel and 1 2010 Syrah

No comments: